Friday 11 June 2010

The Mystery of the Disappearing Trainers

The trip to Cyprus is but a distant memory after what has happened since we returned.

Suffice to say that Janice and I had a wonderful time, thanks to the Gilberts who showed us parts of the island that we would otherwise never had found.However the holiday did get off to a rocky start but I soon established the ground rules with the patio doors.

Old Pavlos hasn't changed in the slightest although I did find his obsession with his garden very commendable if not slightly worrying.

Our return was delayed by a day when, having been dropped off at the airport, we were informed that our flight had been cancelled and we should return in 24 hours time.

I had purchased a new pair of trainers for the holiday, at considerable expense, and which I considered to be rather fetching. I was wearing them, for only the second time, for our aborted flight home but somewhere between the following day and our arrival back home the said trainers went missing.

The Gilberts can't find them and I have definitely not got them - a mystery indeed.

Anyone with any information on a pair of white size 8 "Skechers" please contact me.

In the meantime I have had to fork out on another pair!

I have since done a bit of detective work and I think I know happened to them.

I have discovered that there is very clever international thief out there so be careful!