Thursday 24 October 2013

The coach now approaching The Princess Hall, Aldershot ......

.............  is the 8.57 for Barcelona, calling at Guildford, Woking. Leatherhead, Reigate, Redhill, Clacket Lane Services and Hythe. Change at Hythe for Dover and Barcelona!
And 21 hours and 58 minutes after leaving Aldershot we  crossed the border into Spain. 
Finally, 24 hours 18 mins after setting off we checked in to our hotel in Malgrat de Mar where the rooms were not to be ready for another 2 hours but the free bar was open!

After dinner and having been up for 36 hours and despite the fact there was 5 more hours of free drinking time available we admitted defeat and collapsed into bed.
The Hotel is a bit of of cross between Hotel Solano from Benedorm and Maplins Holiday Camp complete with Ted Bovis and Peggy Ollenrenshaw! 
However the sun has been shining, the Hotel staff are very friendly, the free bar is open from 10am till midnight and, after all, in the words of Gene Pitney:
Dearest parsnips I had to write to say that I won't be home for a while
Cos somethin happend to me while I was driving here and I'm not the same anymore
But I am only 24 hours from Farnborough

Only one day away from my plot
I hate to do this to you
But I have found something new
What can I do 
And I can never never never get on a bus again!




Hey Ho!