Tuesday 27 October 2015

Could Have Tried Harder

The Rushmoor in Bloom Awards night once again passed us by as we were sunning ourselves in warmer climes.


So there is no photo of me with the Mayor again but the obligatory “Could have tried harder” Silver Gilt Award certificate was waiting on the door mat on our return.

There are 12 allotment sites in Aldershot and Farnborough with over 400 plots all of which are judged and this year only 8 Gold’s and 21 Silver Gilts were awarded.


As you are all aware, I didn’t get where I am by blowing my own trumpet, but considering the limited amount of time I seem to have available these days, a Silver Gilt was, if I say it myself, a pretty good effort.





On top of that we were one of the runners up in The Best Kept Caravan Awards and received “a nice little earner”!


As usual on Sunday I tuned in to Radio 4 to listen to Desert Island discs. The castaway was Keith Richard and I was pleasantly surprised how interesting and amusing he was - well worth a listen:


53 years and still going strong, here's an early Rolling Stones track:


Hey Ho!