Friday 18 February 2011

Not the happiest day of my allotment career

I was woken up at 11.30 pm on Thursday night by a phone call from Hampshire Fire Service informing me that my sheds and greenhouse at the allotment had been raised to the ground.
They had made the site safe and were leaving.

I went straight to the plot at 8.00 am this morning to find that the bastards had broken into 7 sheds and mine, being the last on their trail of destruction, had been set fire to.

From what I was able to recognise from what was left none of the garden tools including a petrol mower had been stolen - just pure vandalism.

I reported the incident to the police who were very sympathetic and helpful, meeting me an hour later back at the plot to take photos and wait for the forensic team to arrive.

The desk sergeant even asked me if I needed victim support assistance to which I politely told him that it wouldn't be required for me but probably would be for the little bastards that destroyed £500 worth of my equipment if I got hold of them before they did.

I am now re-considering my allotmenteering future.



WHAT IS THE POINT !